Dog and Cat Registration Details
All dogs and cats are to be registered once they reach three months of age and it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure their dog(s) are registered each year.
The following Dog and Cat Registration Factsheet(71 kb)may be useful to you.
Dogs and Cats Online (DACO)
Dogs and Cats are now registered via a statewide system called Dogs and Cats Online (DACO).
This system is managed by the Dog and Cat Management Board.
Dogs and cats already registered receive a renewal notice in July each year and the registration fee is due by 31 August. Payments after 31 August will incur a late payment fee ($15).
The Dogs and Cats Online (DACO) System - can be accessed by clicking here
Dog and Cat Requirements
Statewide Requirements (under the Dog and Cat Management Act)
- Registration of all dogs is mandatory
- Microchipping of all dogs and cats is mandatory*
- Desexing of all dogs and cats born after 1 July 2018*
- Breeders or sellers of a dog or cat must register with the Dog and Cat Management Board (fees apply)
- Registration classifications are STANDARD or NON-STANDARD, with standard applying to only microchipped AND desexed dogs and cats. All others are non-standard.
* exemptions apply
- Exemptions for desexing are prescribed in the Act and Regulations. Registered vets can issue an exemption for microchipping.
- All cats and dogs born prior to 1 July 2018 do not have to be desexed, however this is encouraged.
- An exemption for microchipping or desexing does not change the category of the pet to standard.
- Registration fees for a non-standard pet are higher than that of a standard pet.
Under Council's Cat By-law
- Registration of all cats is mandatory
- Owning more than two cats will require permission from Council.
- Cats are not permitted to 'wander at large' within the District. This control will reduce nuisance and aligns with the control applied to dogs.
|Non-Standard Dog||$70||Any dog that is NOT STANDARD, even if exemptions apply|
|Standard Dog||$40||Micro-chipped AND Desexed|
|Working Dog||$20||No additional rebates|
|Registered Greyhound with SA DRBC||$20|
|Puppy under six months pending desexing||$40||Charged as a standard dog. Compliance Team to confirm desexing later in the year to prevent expiation. PUPPY MUST BE MICROCHIPPED|
|Non-Standard Cat||$35||Any cat that is NOT STANDARD, even if exemptions apply|
|Standard Cat||$20||Micro-chipped AND Desexed|
|Kitten under six months pending desexing||$20||Compliance Team to confirm desexing later int eh year to prevent expiation. KITTEN MUST BE MICROCHIPPED|
Concession Card Holders
A 50% concession fee is available to persons who are holders of current:.
- DVA "Gold" Card
- DVA "White" Card
- Pensioner Card
- Senior Health Card
- Health Card
** Proof is required for fee concessions and can be uploaded by photo when registering on Dogs and Cats Online**
Registering a "New" Dog
To register a "new" dog, visit The Dogs and Cats Online (DACO) System by clicking here - this system is available 24/7.