District Council of Yankalilla puts community safety first with new COVID-19 measures
The District Council of Yankalilla considers the wellbeing of its residents and visitors to be the utmost priority. That is why we have put in place new initiatives that will enable us to continue serving our community in the safest and most efficient way possible while keeping our employees, volunteers and contractors safe.
Council is focused on minimising disruption to services we deliver across our community, especially those that if impacted, will reduce the district’s ability to recover from this pandemic.
We remain committed to continue our day to day business tasks, but the way we deliver our services may look a little different for now.
The Federal Government continuously review and enforce new initiatives to reduce the spread of COVID-19 – otherwise known as coronavirus – within the wider Australian community.
This is a rapidly evolving situation with further announcements expected. Rest assured, the Council will endeavour to keep you as up-to-date as possible with information as the situation unfolds.
You are reminded that Council’s operating hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
You are encouraged to contact our customer service staff via:
- Phone: 8558 0200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au
It is preference that you contact Council and make an appointment with the required officer prior to your visit.
To ensure we receive your correspondence in a timely manner, please refrain from sending paper in the mail and instead send your correspondence electronically via email to email@example.com so that we can continue to respond to your enquiries and process applications etc.
Thank you for your understanding
COVID-19 Rate Relief
Although Council encourages those ratepayers who are still able to pay their council rates liability to continue to do so, Council have put in place a number of immediate support measures. Click Here
Limited Council Services:
- All external programs have returned, under the current restrictions for coastal programs
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
- From 1 June 2020 most services have resumed
- Strict hygiene and physical distancing will continue
- CHSP staff will continue to heed advice from all levels of Government regarding COVID-19
(Not Available until further notice)
- Community Services staff members are working with the community representatives to provide support to our residents in this challenging time
- Community Services staff members will continue to heed advice from all levels of Government regarding COVID-19
Compliance and Regulatory Services
Council's Compliance team endeavours to maintain as many services as possible but we also need to consider the health and safety of our general inspectors. The Compliance Team will continue to patrol and assist the public with issues regarding animal management, parking obstructions etc
At this time, we ask people to be patient as we are also restricted on how we manage our services whilst following the guidelines set out by the Federal and the State Governments.
Requests and complaints will be addressed in order of priority. The Compliance team will be taking a risk-based approach to ensure safety for the community and visitors as well as our officers.
What do we consider to be a priority? Essential services that will have direct impact to the community’s safety and wellbeing.
If you have any concern around group gatherings being non-compliant with the Department of Health’s guidelines, please report to SAPOL on 131 444.
- Operating, physical distancing requirements apply
- Drinking Fountains
- Will not be operational until further notice
- Remain open
You can search for public toilets anywhere in Australia, click here
Fleurieu Coast Visitor Centre
- Our Visitor Centre is open: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm, Sunday 10am -2pm.
- Our team continues to also service visitors and the community via email, phone, social media and through the Visit Fleurieu Coast website:
(OPEN - physical distancing and capacity restrictions apply)
- Click Here for information on Library services
- Please ensure social distancing of 1.5 meters.
- Please use hand sanitiser provided on entry.
- Please follow signage and staff instructions in the library regarding social distancing and hygiene.
Reminder, from the safety of your home you can download library resources such as eMagazines, eBooks and audio books using the onecard app or library catalogue.
Planning and Development Enquiries
Call 8558 0200 for enquiries or to make an appointment to visit the Council Office.
Work Health and Safety
Due to its contagious nature, the virus will be spread by infected individuals either directly from contaminated coughing and sneezing or indirectly from contaminated surfaces.
The likelihood of person-to-person spread of the virus, from infected other staff or visitors who may not have visible symptoms, increases with the number of people Council staff have direct close contact with each day (within 1.5m for more than 15 minutes at a time).
Current controls Council has implemented with staff include but are not limited to:
- Practicing good personal hygiene, including washing hands with soap and water
- Instructed staff to self-isolate if sick or have had contact with a known COVID-19 case
- Not attend work if unwell
- Sending staff home if they become unwell
- Physical distancing - no handshakes, hugging and keeping distance of 1.5 metre
In the event of a confirmed Council staff member with COVID-19
- The office (or local work area – wing or floor) will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours and staff will be sent home
- Closure will allow SA Health to identify and notify anyone who has come into close contact with an infected person and provide advice about who needs to seek treatment and/or self-isolate, and
- The site will also undergo a thorough clean and reopen on the advice of health experts
Business continuity for Council
We are prepared for potential site closures if a Council staff member is confirmed with COVID-19, as directed by SA Health, consistent with comparable Government services, and if widespread person-to-person transmission occurs within our area.
Work is continuing to identify triggers for these decisions while we monitor the approach being taken in SA and interstate.
Council’s Senior Leadership Team are meeting and engaging with Managers/Team Leaders and we will keep you all informed as we move forward.
Where can you get further information?
- The Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080 or visit SA Health
- The Wash, Wipe, Cover web page
- For the latest travel advice on COVID-19, visit Smart Traveller
- Tips for coping with Coronavirus Anxiety, visit Australian Psychology Society
- Free Employer Resource Guide, protecting your business from the impact of COVID-19, and for more business information and support visit Business SA
Click here to:
- Hear a message from the Mayor
- Support Services
- Essential Services
- Local food and drink businesses currently operating, and
- Links to official government advice websites
The Hills & Coast Grant Finder has a quick link to emergency funding for COVID-19, drought, bushfire and disaster affected communities.
The Federal Government announced a $1 billion economic stimulus package aimed at businesses ‘disproportionally affected by the economic impacts of the coronavirus, including those heavily reliant on industries such as tourism, agriculture and education’. The Grant Finder website lists many programs available for Coronavirus, drought, bushfire and disasters in South Australia..
Caravan Parks & Camping Grounds
Jetty Caravan Park, Normanville - OPEN (Physical Distancing Restrictions Apply - Pre-Bookings are essential due to limited sites)
Rapid Bay Caravan Park - including Toilet Facilities - CLOSED from Wednesday 25 March 2020 until further notice.
Beachside Caravan Park - OPEN
Cape Jervis Accommodation & Caravan Park - OPEN
Deep Creek Conservation Park - OPEN
Second Valley Caravan Park - OPEN
Wirrina Holiday Park - OPEN - Long Weekends & School Holidays. Booking taken online only http://www.wirrinacoveholidaypark.com.au/