You can now pay your Expiation On-Line.
Have your Expiation Number and Date of Notice available.
About Disputing an Expiation
To enable the Compliance Team to review an Expiation, all disputes are to be made in writing. Our "Submission to Review an Expiation" form provides details on circumstances appropriate for a review.
Please complete and forward to our offices via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to The District Council of Yankalilla, PO Box 9, Yankalilla, SA 5203
If you were not the driver at the time the expiation was incurred, you can complete and forward a Statutory Declaration with the full name and address of the person who was driving.
Disputes should be received by Council before the payment due date on the Expiation Notice to stop a late fee being applied.
The Compliance Team aim to respond to your dispute within 10 working days. However, delays can sometimes occur. Please be assured you will receive a reply in due course. The expiation will be suspended and no further action taken until the response is sent to you.
If you have not received a response within 30 days of submitting your dispute please contact the Customer Services Team on 8558 0200.
Only one review of an expiation will be undertaken, please provide all supporting documentation with your Submission to Review an Expiation form.
Click below for:
- Submission for Review of Expiation Notice(419 kb)
- Section 4(2) Expiation of Offences Act 1996 (Special meaning of trifling)
- Statutory Declaration Form(342 kb)
- Expiation of Offences Act 1996
Notes on Disputing an Expiation
- Please do not delay - a dispute must be received prior to the due date to prevent additional fees being incurred
- Review, complete and return the Submission to Review an Expiation Notice form to The District Council of Yankalilla via email email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 9, Yankalilla SA 5203
- Contact our Customer Service Team to discuss your options (verbal complaints are NOT accepted as a dispute)
- You can opt to have your case heard by the Magistrate's Court. You can choose to do this upon receipt of your expiation notice or if a dispute with Council has been unsuccessful. Please compete the Election to be Prosecuted part of the Expiation Notice and return to PO Box 9, Yankalilla SA 5203.