Council’s Assessment Panel meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 10.00am at the Yankalilla Council Chambers, 1 Charles St, Yankalilla.
The Panel consists of four (4) Independent Members and one (1) Councillor, being:
- Simon Weidenhofer – Presiding Member
- Kate Shierlaw
- Damian Dawson
- Sue Giles
- Peter O'Neil
A copy of the Council’s Assessment Panel Agenda is available for inspection at the Yankalilla Council Office and listed below, four (4) days prior to the meeting.
The recommendations within the Agenda are for discussion purposes. For the final resolutions on matters please refer to the Minutes of the Meeting.
Prior to the Council Assessment Panel, the Development Assessment Panel operated under the Development Act, 1993. Agenda and minutes are also available below.
The panel meetings operate on the following basis:
- The chair will open the meeting and advise all representors and applicants of the meeting procedure.
- If considered necessary, the chair will invite a Council planning officer to outline the application being considered.
- The chair then invites those persons who have lodged representations stating that they wish to be heard by the Panel, to come forward and address the Panel.
- Each speaker is given up to 5 minutes to address the Panel irrespective of the number of persons being represented by the speaker. Panel members may also ask questions of the person.
- Representors are advised to utilise their time wisely by concentrating on the most salient points they wish to raise - there is no need to merely reiterate their written representation as members of the Panel would have read this material.
- After hearing the representors, the applicant (and/or their consultant) is invited by the chair to address the Panel. Again, questions may be asked of the applicant by members of the panel.
- If no representors wish to be heard or the application was not subject to category 2 or 3 public notification the CAP may hear the applicant or seek a response from the applicant to a specific question from a member of CAP. This is at the discretion of the Presiding Member.
- The CAP will then deliberate and determine applications, taking into consideration the report written by Council's planning staff, the relevant provisions of the Development Plan and the verbal submissions made on the application at the meeting.
CAP Agenda 19 May 2020https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0036/665478/20.05.19-CAP-Agenda-.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 19 May 2020,19 May 2020
CAP Minutes 19 May 2020https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0027/674712/20.05.19-CAP-Minutes.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 19 May 2020,19 May 2020 CAP Minutes 19 May 2020.
CAP Minutes 17 March 2020https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/548300/20.03.17-CAP-Minutes.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 17 Mar 2020,17 Mar 2020
CAP Agenda 17 March 2020https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/543491/20.03.17-CAP-Agenda.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 17 Mar 2020,17 Mar 2020
CAP Minutes - 17 December 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0029/446924/19.12.17-CAP-Minutes.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 17 Dec 2019,17 Dec 2019
CAP Agenda - December 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/446255/19.12.17-CAP-Agenda.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 17 Dec 2019,17 Dec 2019 1. NOTICE OF MEETING. COUNCIL’S. ASSESSMENT PANEL. TO:. Members. Simon Weidenhofer Presiding Member. Kate Shierlaw. Damian Dawson. Sue Giles. Peter O’Neil. 17th December 2019. On-site inspection commencing at 9:30am At Allotment 9 Bald Hills Road
CAP Minutes - 15 October 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0033/446874/19.10.15-CAP-Minutes.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 15 Oct 2019,15 Oct 2019 18. District Council of Yankalilla. Minutes of Council’s Assessment Panel meeting held on Tuesday 15th October 2019 at the Council Chambers, Yankalilla. 1. Commencement Including recognition of the traditional land owners We would like to begin by
CAP Agenda - October 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/447014/19.10.15-CAP-Agenda.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 15 Oct 2019,15 Oct 2019 1. NOTICE OF MEETING. COUNCIL’S. ASSESSMENT PANEL. TO:. Members. Simon Weidenhofer Presiding Member. Kate Shierlaw. Damian Dawson. Sue Giles. Peter O’Neil. 15th October 2019. On-site inspection commencing at 9:00am At Myponga Beach Road,
CAP Minutes - 20 August 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/447081/20.08.19-CAP-Minutes.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 20 Aug 2019,20 Aug 2019 10. District Council of Yankalilla. Minutes of Council’s Assessment Panel meeting held on Tuesday 20th August 2019. at the Council Chambers, Yankalilla. 1. Commencement Including recognition of the traditional land owners We would like to begin by
CAP Agenda - August 2019https://www.yankalilla.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0036/446877/19.08.20-CAP-Agenda.pdfCouncil Assessment Panel, 20 Aug 2019,20 Aug 2019 1. NOTICE OF MEETING. COUNCIL’S. ASSESSMENT PANEL. TO:. Members. Simon Weidenhofer Presiding Member. Kate Shierlaw. Damian Dawson. Sue Giles. Peter O’Neil. 20th August, 2019. On-site inspection commencing at 9:00am at 208 Rowley Road, Myponga