- Latest News
The weather is warming up and our beaches are getting busier. To make sure everyone can safely enjoy the beach, we have restrictions in place for walking your dogs on the beaches over the summer period.
From 1 December to 28 February dogs are to be on-leash and under effective control from 10am to 6pm on the following beaches:
- Morgan's Beach
- Rapid Bay Beach
- Second Valley Beach – East of the causeway/jetty only
- Myponga Beach - East of the pedestrian access point
- Lady Bay Beaches – From Little Gorge Outlet to South of the Bungala River estuary
- Carrickalinga Beach - Between Carrickalinga River and Carrickalinga Head
- Carrickalinga Beach - 100 metres either side of the beach access by the public toilets
Outside of these time dogs are permitted off-leash, but always under effective control.
Please remember to follow the local signs which are in place to protect the critically endangered Hooded Plovers.
Council encourages you to familiarise yourself with on/off leash restrictions on the beaches where your furry friend likes to run. Refer to signage or visit Click Here for complete details.