Normanville Surf Life Saving Club and Kiosk
Council at its meeting held on 18 August 2020, in consideration of the Surf Club and Kiosk rebuild, resolved in part (C20138):
That a working group, to be led by the Deputy Mayor, be created and works closely with Council, the Normanville Surf Life Saving Club, Surf Life Saving SA, and the Kiosk Leaseholder along with State Government agencies to prepare the building plans.
The working group met, Thursday 3 September 2020, discussions were held on the sizes of the building components, the location of the combined building (all within lot 100 or extending over the top of the dunes), and the use of toilets and change rooms with an option to integrate the public toilets.
The size of the Kiosk/Restaurant was the main topic of discussion and it was agreed that Surf Life Saving SA would investigate indicative costs of creating a shell to house the facility. The next day an indicative cost was provided.
The working group will again meet to discuss size vs cost and layout of the building.
An update on the project will be provided to the October 2020 meeting of Council.
Due to community interest in this matter we have not summarised the Council resolution and left it in full below:
That the Report be received.
That Council investigate rebuilding the Normanville Surf Life Saving Club rebuild as a combined rebuild of the Normanville Surf Life Saving Club and Normanville Kiosk in the existing location
That Council investigate utilising the current budget allocation for the Surf Club rebuild and a proportion of unallocated stimulus funds in the adopted 2020/21 Annual Business Plan and Budget towards the combined build.
That to allow Council to create a “shovel ready” project and to best place Council to obtain additional external funding for the overall Normanville Foreshore and Caravan Park Masterplan (including the combined build) that:
- That a working group, to be led by the Deputy Mayor, be created and works closely with Council, the Normanville Surf Life Saving Club, Surf Life Saving SA and the Kiosk Leaseholder along with State Government agencies to prepare the building plans.
- Council allocate the $10,000 from the existing 2020/21 Budget for the development of the plans for the Normanville Kiosk component of the combined building.
- Administration negotiate with the current leaseholder of the Normanville Kiosk additional lease payments and fit out contribution of the new build.
- Administration negotiate with the Normanville Surf Life Saving Club a commitment to annual contributions under a new build.
- The Mayor and Chief Executive invite the new Minister for Emergency Services, Vincent Tarzia MP to meet and discuss the project and contribution requirements.
That a further report be provided to Council by November 2020 for consideration to include:
- draft plans and costings of a new combined Surf Club and Kiosk building
- results of any additional external funding and/or income generated from negotiations with Normanville Surf Life Saving Club and Normanville Kiosk
- relocation costs for the Normanville Kiosk during the rebuilding process (if required)
- an update on the Normanville Foreshore and Caravan Park Masterplan process
That a tour of the local surf clubs combined with kiosks/ restaurants along with our existing facilities be organised as soon as practicable.
That a part of the tour will assist in determining a maximum square meterage of the combined building and kiosk component that will be provided to the working party to assist in formulating the plans.