On-Line Heritage Youth Art Competition
Due to the disruption of education arrangements during COVID-19, the CLOSING DATE FOR THE YOUTH ART COMPETITION ENTRIES IS NOW EXTENDED TO 30 JUNE 2020. Please email entry forms and attached photos to the link provided below.
The Heritage Fleurieu Coast Festival has been cancelled due to the National Health Emergency for COVID-19, BUT...that doesn't meant kids can't paint !!
This year the District Council of Yankalilla is holding an On-Line Youth Art Competition. See Entries below.
Entries that depict an historic scene, character, building, place or activity that is part of the area's history, are invited from young artists who live or holiday in the area.
|Junior 5 - 12 years old||Senior 13 - 20 years old|
|First Prize: $100||First Prize: $100|
|Second Prize: $50||Second Prize: $50|
Conditions of Entry
- Entries are now open and must be emailed no later than 4.00pm on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
- This is an art competition open to all young people who have spent holidays or live in the District Council of Yankalilla.
- There are 2 categories: Juniors aged 5 - 12 and Seniors aged 13 - 20 years.
- Art work – Can be mixed medium, acrylic, oils, pastels or coloured pencils.
- Due to the COVID-19 National Health Emergency - this competition is being held electronically. A photograph of your entries from A4 size up to and no larger 1 x 1.5sqm are accepted. Please send an entry form with each entry and email to email@example.com – do not embed your image in your email content, send as an attachment, along with an entry form, so it can be printed either A4 or A3 in colour for judging.
- All emailed entries must have the name and age of the artist, the title of the painting, a short description of the topic, and description of medium (for example: acrylic, pencil, crayon, pastel etc) within your email and a pdf file of the art work entries and entry form attached (so it can be printed).
- Up to three entries per entrant will be accepted. (send one email message per attached entry (including an entry form))
- All entries must be the original work of the artist.
- Copyright permission to the District Council of Yankalilla is a condition of entry. Entries may be used to illustrate Yankalilla’s heritage in some publications.
- The Judge’s decisions shall be final.
How to Enter
To avoid the spread of COVID-19, Council can only accept emailed entries for judging, so make your entries colourful and send them on or before Tuesday 30 June 2020.
For each entry please complete an Entry Form
Photograph and upload your art work and entry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be displayed below and winners will be announced here in July 2020 and published in Council’s newsletter.