Lodging a Development Application

The following documentation must be provided to Council;

  • Completed and sign Development Application Form(798 kb)
  • Copy of the current Certificate of Title
  • Completed and signed Electricity Declaration Form
  • Site Plan to scale (three (3) copies)
  • Elevation Plan to scale (three (3) copies)
  • Floor Plan to scale (three (3) copies)
  • Manufacturers specifications (two (2) copies) if lodging for building assessment
  • Indemnity Insurance (Indemnity Insurance is required for all domestic building work estimated at $12,000 or over)
  • CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) Levy required for all work over $40,000)
  • Payment of Development Application Fees(540 kb)

Council staff can assist with the lodgement of a development application at the front counter.


Building work is generally not permitted to be located over easements. If you need to construct a building over an easement, approval must be obtained from the authority that has control of the easement.

Council will not generally permit buildings or structure to be placed over their easements.

The Certificate of Title will identify the location and which authority has the benefit of the easement.


Some properties are subject to an encumbrance which may specify building requirements such as building materials, set-back requirements from boundaries or fencing types.

You should check the Certificate of Title to ensure you are not restricted by such an encumbrance.

If an encumbrance is identified on your Certificate of Title and is administered by Council, Council can provide you with a copy of the encumbrance.

Properties located in the area known as the Links Lady Bay Golf Course Estate at Normanville will require a stamped set of plans from the encumbrancee (administer of the encumbrance) (Links Lady Bay Pty Ltd) prior to Council granting Development Plan Consent.

Waste Water Application

A waste water application is required for new dwellings, dwelling additions or alterations where wet areas or bedrooms are included and new commercial developments (except in the township of Myponga which has SA Water sewer mains).