The Visitor Information Centre is staffed by a dedicated and enthusiastic band of volunteers. We welcome all inquiries about volunteering, and encourage you to join in an experience that people find rewarding, challenging, interesting and enjoyable. Volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to meet people from all over the world as well as get to know local people with similar interests. In addition to providing information on local attractions, and places to eat and stay, volunteers also become involved in helping at events and other activities taking place across the Council district. The District Council of Yankalilla highly values the work of these volunteers.
- meeting & providing information to visitors
- maintaining information resources
- administration tasks
- process bookings
- learn more about your area
- meet new people, make new friendships
- be part of a vibrant team servicing the community
- receive on the job training
- take part in local tours
- shifts are Mon to Fri 9am - 1pm + 1pm - 5pm, Sat & Sun 10am - 1pm + 1pm - 4pm
you can volunteer with us for as little as three or four hours a fortnight
We are currently looking for more volunteers so please download the below forms or contact Natasha on 8558 0240 if you are interested in volunteering at the VIC.
To download the volunteers information pack click here VIC Volunteer Information Kit(1492 kb)
To download the volunteer expression of interest form click here Volunteer expression of interest form(4352 kb)