Families & Aged Care
Immunisation for infants
A clinic is held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 12.45pm. and no appointment is necessary.
The clinic is held at the Accident and Emergency Treatment Room of the Southern Fleurieu Family Practice (adjacent the Aged Care Facility) 175 Main Road, Yankalilla.
FOCUS ON FAMILIES
Update on the Family Strategy
The Family Strategy is an initiative of the Southern Fleurieu Councils, aiming to improve the well being of families and children by:
It may come as a surprise to you that the issues which families raised as part of the Family Strategy Survey ranged from cleaner rivers and beaches to child friendly restaurants, from fenced and sheltered playgrounds to employment opportunities, from lack of fresh fruit and vegetable shops to street lighting and footpaths, from affordable housing both now and in the future to guess what - the need for a swimming pool. Initially it was a surprise for us too, but on reflection doesn't it make perfect sense that families are concerned with all aspects of living in a community and that, in turn, they all impact on the quality of family life?
We will be informing the community groups, businesses, service providers, government and council departments who have responsibility for the issues raised and inviting them to comment on their current involvement and their visions in addressing those issues. Over the coming weeks and months the Family Strategy Project will be reporting back to you. We will outline the issues raised, tell you who we referred them on to and let you know what they are already doing and what they are planning to do. We invite you to use this column as a public forum. Your comments are a welcome contribution to making our communities a better place for families.
For more information or comment phone Sophie Piron, Consultant to the Family Strategy, on 8598 4170 or Jen at the City of Victor Harbor on 8551 0542.
Families First provides parenting information across the Southern Fleurieu Region e.g. courses, information packages.
Families First can assist parents in finding the services they need eg Counselling, children' services, legal services.
Families First can assist individuals or groups in creating new services. e.g. sole parent networks, grandparents raising grandchildren.
Families First offers parenting information in the form of support groups, courses and information packages on many aspects of parenting such as:
A regional funded project by the Department of Human Services, The City Of Victor Harbor and the District Council of Yankalilla, and the Alexandrina Council.
Contact Families First Coordinator atCity of Victor Harbor Council Offices
Links to Other Websites
- Australian Breastfeeding Association - http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/
- Australian Multiple Birth Association - http://www.amba.org.au/
- Parenting SA - http://www.parenting.sa.gov.au/
- National Council of Single Mothers and Their Children - http://www.ncsmc.org.au/
- Playgroup Association - http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/
- National Childcare Accreditation Council Inc - http://www.ncac.gov.au/
- Office for Volunteers - http://www.ofv.sa.gov.au
- Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services - http://www.facs.gov.au/
- Child and Youth Health - http://www.cyh.com.au/
- Australian Institute of Family Studies - Stronger Families Learning Exchange - http://www.aifs.gov.au/sf/index.html
- Step Family Help & Advice - http://www.stepfamily.stepfamilyforum.com
- Teddy Love Club (TLC Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Australia - http://www.teddyloveclub.org.au/