The residents and ratepayers of the District are invited to use the Library and enjoy it free of charge. The Library is funded by your Council, the SA State Government and the Department for Education, Training and Employment.
The Library is located on the Main South Road, Yankalilla, 5203.
Phone:(08) 8558 2043
Fax:(08) 8558 2155
|Mon, Tues||8.45am - 4.00pm|
|Wed, Thurs & Fri||8.45am - 5.00pm|
|Sat||10.00am - 4.00pm|
|Tues, Wed, Thurs & Fri||10.00am - 4.00pm|
|Sat||10.00am - 4.00pm|
The Library is closed on public holidays and during the Christmas to New Year period.
The Library will also be closed on days where the Mount Lofty Ranges district is forecast as Catastrophic Fire Danger
Where: Library Classroom
When: 8-19 January 2013
What: Adult & Children's Non-Fiction books
Cost: 5 books for $10
To Become a Borrower:
An enrolment form for registration is available at the Reception Desk in the Library. Please supply identification with current address at the time of registration.
Each patron is able to borrow up to 10 items at a time for 4 weeks. Casual borrowers may take up to 6 items for 2 weeks.
- Books - 4 weeks
- DVDs, Videos, Magazines, Music CDs and CDRoms - 1 week
Extensions on due dates can be made in person at the desk or by telephoning the Library provided the items are not reserved for another borrower.
There is a returns chute in the Reception Desk for return of items when the Library is open. Another chute is provided to the right of the main entrance for return of items after hours.
All age groups catered for:
- Fiction books
- Non-fiction books
- Large Print books- both fiction and non-fiction
- Audio books
- Reference Materials- including encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, directories companions and guides
- Community Information- a wide range of brochures and pamphlets from government organisations, agencies and support services
- Newspapers-Daily - The Advertiser, The Australian
- Weekly - The Times, The Trading Post, The Independent Weekly
- Fortnightly - Koori Mail
- Magazines- A wide range of interests is catered for, with over 60 titles
- Videos/DVDs - Adult - Range of topics including movies, gardening, DIY, historical, computing, health, environment, science, sport, art/craft, cooking and wine (limited to 3 per person)
- Videos/DVDs - Children's - Topics include movies, stories, pre-school entertainment, educational (limited to 2 per person)
- CDs - Music for adults and children
- CDRoms - on range of topics including interactive games
Facilities and Services Available
- Inter - Library Loans
As a member of the South Australian Public Libraries Network, the Library is part of the state-wide Inter-Library Loans service, which enables patrons at one Library to borrow books from any other South Australian Public Library. Books may be ordered by completing a form available at the Reception Desk. A separate form is needed for each book.
Internet Access & Word Processing
Three computers are available for free public access to the Internet and 1 other computer is available for word processing and colour printing. A Volunteer is available to assist community members in developing their computer knowledge and skills. This service is also free. Bookings for computers or lessons with the volunteer can be made at the Reception Desk or by telephone.
A coin-operated colour photocopying machine is available for public use. Costs for photcopying are:- Black and white A4 - 10c, A3 - 20c, Colour A4 - $1.00, A3 - $2.00.
The Library is a Centrelink Access Point where members of the public can phone and fax information to Centrelink, free of charge. A display area also provides a range of Centrelink information brochures and forms. Jobsearch and Centrelink Internet sites can be accessed on the Library computers.
As a member of the Public Libraries network, the Library receives an extensive range of information from various Government Departments and Organisations and Community groups. These are located in the Information Place, along with publications from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, State and Commonwealth Year Books, Local Council information, phone books from all state regions and local community guides.